Charlotte UAV Remote Mapping Services
Charlotte UAV specializes in aerial data collection. We offer imaging frequencies of daily, weekly, monthly or at the milestones of a project. We use these photos to create several products that support your mapping & surveying needs.
Charlotte UAV Remote Inspection Benefits
Charlotte UAV combines industrial grade UAVs with professional photogrammetry software to turn images into highly precise, georeferenced 2D maps and 3D models. They’re customizable, timely, and complement a wide range of applications and software.
- Aerial photos are the traditional way to see a project or area of interest from a birds eye view.
- Economic, comprehensive and a great marketing or reconnaissance tool
- Limited by the resolution attainable and providing little ability to zoom into the area of interest and see detail.
- Generally not very accurate for use with other methods of aerial survey or LiDAR
- High resolution fully stabilized video is great way to provide attractive marketing material, recon an area of interest, provide a close up inspection of an asset or just to provide a stunning tour of a site or project.
- We can film in HD 1080 or Ultra 4k resolution
- Full tilting and editing is available
- Sound tracks or dialogue can also be added to the video project
- A photo is taken every 2 seconds simultaneously geotagged and flight logged
- All of the photos are then post processed to perfectly stitch them to provide a high resolution Orthomosaic comprised of 100’s of photos.
- Adding Ground Control Targets can further accurize the Orthomosaic making it geo-rectified.
- This point cloud generated data can then be used as a map, aerial photo, Digital Surface Model, 3D rendering of the area of interest or even a 3D printed model !!
- Advantage over a traditional aerial photo is that the resolution is retained almost to the ground. Footprints can be seen on the surface zoomed in from 400 ft above
- Great for progressional confirmation and assessment of projects and construction
LIDAR systems allow scientists and mapping professionals to examine both natural and manmade environments with accuracy, precision, and flexibility.
- We currently fly two RIEGL Mini Vux-1 LiDAR sensors and one RIEGL VUX-1 UAV sensor mounted on multiple UAS platforms. This is the cutting edge of UAS LiDAR capability available today.
- Completed 73 individual LiDAR projects in 2018 with over 700 successful and safe flights. Already flown 31 individual LiDAR projects in 2019
- Our flight crews have over a thousand combined hours of LiDAR data collection.
- LiDAR platforms can be deployed to any size project anywhere on the globe.
- The RIEGL Mini Vux-1 sensor specializes in gathering accurate data in highly vegetated areas. Each of the 100,00 pulses per second has up to 5 returns to guarantee foliage penetration to the ground. When required, we can deploy their RIEGL VUX-1 UAV to provide even more granular data collection. With 500,000 pulses per second and up to 7 returns and larger laser sensor, this is the state of the art in available aerial LiDAR technology.
- This disruptive technology and its efficiency, speed and accuracy is a major game changer in the survey and engineering industries
Charlotte UAV can assist with:
LiDAR Pointcloud Classification
Elevation Models (DEM, DTM & DSM)
Detailed 3D Cartography 3D and 2D mapping at different levels
Contour lines generation at different levels
Vectorization and Analysis (Bridges, Building etc)
Advanced LiDAR mapping services (Utilities, Hydro Mapping, Corridor
Ortho photo rectification
HOW DO I REQUEST A PROPOSAL OR DISCUSS A PROJECT AND WHAT IS EXPECTED FROM MY SIDE?
3D Point Cloud: 3D point cloud derived from overlapped images gives you the accurate location in the reconstructed object space, displayed in original RGB or classification colors.
Digital Surface & Terrain Model: Digital models that give you the elevation value of each pixel, with or without ground objects, ready for your preferred GIS workflow.
Orthomosaic: A high resolution map with each pixel of the original images correctly projected onto the digital surface model, leaving you no perspective distortions but only accurate geolocations.
Volume Calculation: Output calculated volumes on a perfect representation of your stockpiles, with fully adjustable base height which leads to precise measurements.
Contour Lines: Generate a simplified representation of topography with closed contours displaying elevation.
- Send us an email with a .kmz of the area of interest and a detailed scope of work that needs to be done
- Also include what software will the deliverable be used in and what file extension the data will need to have
- Give us an idea of when this project might need to be flown and when the data is needed
- Please coordinate with the land owner of the area of interest to make sure we have permission to fly there.
- Any gate codes or keys necessary to access the project site must be made available to our crew
- Advise us of any certifications or training our crews will need so they are ready on the day they will be flying your project
Want to see more? Click on the button at the right side!